A speedy, easy way to put long hair up is to use a bun ring (you’ll find them in most large pharmacies).
Items needed to make a Bun
You will need:
- Smoothing brush
- Snag-free elastic band
- Hairdryer (optional)
- Bun ring
- Matt hair grips
- Tail comb
- Light glossing spray
Step by Step guide to making buns
1. Using a smoothing brush, scrape your hair back into a low ponytail, securing it at the nape with a snag-free band. Spray hairspray onto a huge make-up brush and smooth it over the surface of the hair to control any stray ends.
2. Place a bun ring around the ponytail and secure it with matt hair grips.
3. Start to wrap the hair around the bun ring section by section, and secure it with matt hair grips.
4. Carry on until you have completely covered the bun ring and all the sections are neatly secured in place.
5. When the hair is secure, gently pull a few wispy strands out of the bun using the end of the tail comb and finish by spraying with a light glossing spray.
6. Stick a feather or decorative hair piece through the bun If you want to add drama.